There are thousands of apps on the Shopify app store to choose from, and it is sometimes a challenging choice for a starting store owner. Whether you want to set up reviews, launch a referral program, improve email marketing, or ship your products, there is a third-party app for that. But how to choose the right app?
To help you with this, we’ve made a list of must-have Shopify Apps (both paid and free) to drive sales to your store. If you’re are getting started with your Shopify store or already have one, then this is the right list for you!
Let’s dive in!
Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands to reach, engage, and convert their customers with ease. It offers comprehensive e-commerce solutions designed with your audience in mind, such as Reviews, Wishlists, Loyalty programs, Social Login, Instagram galleries, and much more – all under one dashboard and for a great price. Growave is best for growing Shopify businesses looking to build engagement, invest in word-of-mouth marketing tools, and increase customer retention.
- Rich functionality – the app offers a wide array of features, such as Loyalty and Rewards, Reviews, Q&A, Wishlists, Referral programs, Social Login, Automated Emails and Instagram galleries.
- Full customization – easily customizable from the app’s dashboard itself or with the help of the ever-responsive customer support.
- Easy setup and use – the intuitive setup process helps business owners to move to Growave in a worry-free and seamless manner. In contrast, the though-out UI helps them further navigate the app without any hiccups along the way.
- A wide variety of integrations, including such tools as PushOwl, Klaviyo, Loox, Omnisend and more.
Price: Free plan available + paid options starting from $29.99/month
Free trial: a 14-day free trial on the Starter and Growth plans + a 30-day free trial on the Enterprise option.
You might also like: Best Shopify Agencies And Experts to Hire in 2020
PickyStory enables you to generate more revenue from every store visit with Product Bundles, Product Kits, and Shop the Look options. Bundles encourage your customers to pick additional items, make it easier to find other products in your store that they may be interested in, and finally increases your average order value and revenue. PickyStory gives you numerous opportunities for increasing your customer’s purchase. With the app, you can add a Shop the Look widget, presenting customers with a whole look consisting of your products, sell in large volumes for tiered prices, and offer customers to add products together to their cart for a discounted price. All the customer has to do is click the Add to Cart button, and they have a new bundle ready to go.
- Upsell Bundles, Kits, and Shop the Look packs in one app
- Works instantly (and with any theme)
- Inventory – individual product SKU tracking
Price: From $19.50/month
Trial: Free for the first 14 days
Easyship is a shipping platform that lets all merchants reach customers around the world with low shipping costs and increased conversion rates. So whether you’re sending out 100 shipments a month or 50,000, we have a solution that will fit your needs.
Over 100,000 online retailers trust us to save them time and money with smart shipping solutions. Integrate Easyship with your Shopify store now to see how you too can streamline your delivery services.
- Ship Better with Easyship for Shopify
- Manage your shipments in one place
- Ship internationally with confidence
- Offer your customers total flexibility
- Give customers a holistic post-purchase brand experience
Price: Free to install. Users simply pay for what they ship. Costs incurred are shipping fees & additional options such as insurance and duties.
Intelistyle: AI Fashion Styling
Intelistyle uses A.I.-powered styling to personalize the customer experience of fashion retailers by styling their customers with the right clothes and outfits for them, increasing conversion, basket size and repeat purchases. Its AI learns by crawling the web for fashion photography and styles customers based on the latest regional trends, as well as the customer’s body type, hair, skin tone and personal style.
Retailers use Intelistyle’s services for product recommendations on the web, chatbots and CRM. Others use them to supercharge their customer service team by turning them into stylists. Intelistyle’s proprietary AI outperforms academic research and understands customer style preferences so well that it recently outperformed human stylists at London Fashion Week. Its fashion specific personalization delivers 130% more revenue than generic personalization solutions. Clients include D&G, MaxMara, Tommy Hilfiger and Yoox Net-a-porter.
Price: from $20/month with a free 14-day trial.
Richpanel is a customer service platform, purpose-built for e-commerce stores. The platform boasts an impressive list of clients. Top-grossing Shopify Plus merchants use Richpanel to scale their business without adding more support agents. Clients can use Richpanel to design self-service flows and automate 50-60% of their support queries. They also have an agent inbox that allows merchants to manage email, live chat, phone calls & social media from one place.
- Richpanel’s self-service capability resolves customer queries, and not deflect it.
- Customer Support teams get full customer journey data and context that is accessible instantly
- Ecommerce stores can offer proactive support to their customers and free up agents from the mundane – focus on interactions that matter
Pricing: From $250/month for up to two stores depending on the number of conversations.
Trial: a 14-day free trial
Wisepops is a powerful Shopify pop-up app. It allows brands to create pop-ups and bars in just a few clicks without any design or technical knowledge. Their tool integrates well with Shopify and offers unique targeting and segmentation options based on e-commerce properties (cart value, product tags, purchase history, etc.)
- Easy to use
- Deep integration with Shopify
- Advanced targeting and segmentation features
- Includes all pop-up types: exit, email, mobile
Pricing: Plans from $29/month
Trial: Free for 14 days
Candy Rack – is an effective tool to drive an average order value of a customer’s purchase with cross-selling and upselling techniques. The App is famous for its simplicity, modern design, and most importantly for its instant effect on the store’s profitability. With Candy Rack, you can encourage customers to upgrade their chosen item which might bring them more benefits or cross-sell related products generating more sales and demonstrating the breadth of your catalog effectively.
As a result, you increase the AOV of your store and satisfy more customer needs helping them to decide on the products they might need but have not considered buying by themselves.
- Natural integration of cross-selling and upselling techniques to your store
- Ease of use with no technical load
- Improvement of your customer experience by showing the rights products at the right time
- Free pop-up design to match your storefront style from the Candy Rack support team
Price: The basic plan starts from $29/month. Free pop-up design available upon request.
Free Trial: Full-access 14-day trial for all Shopify plans.
Gift Box – a little pop-up floating over your store pages that is meant to encourage your customers to purchase more or buy something specific motivating them with free gifts. The gifts can be issued under different conditions that customer meets, let’s say “Spend $50 and Get Product A for free.” Such an approach can drive your sales building trust and increasing customer engagement of both first-time visitors and returning customers. People might appreciate receiving something tangible from your side even more than a percentage discount.
Gift campaigns powered by Gift Box App is a must-have for your store if you want to build a warm customer relationship and boost your average order value.
- An effective way to increase an average order value and thus your store’s revenue
- Help to build trust and improve customer relationships
- Motivates customers to purchase more not interfering with the natural purchasing flow
- Free pop-up design to match your storefront style from the Gift Box support team
Price: The basic plan starts from $29/month. Free pop-up design available upon request.
Free Trial: Full-access 7-day trial for all Shopify plans.
Poptin is a user-friendly lead capture platform that allows users to create high-converting pop-ups and forms. These website opt-ins are proven effective in lowering bounce rates, reducing cart abandonment, acquiring more email subscribers, and more. They are also used by most Shopify business owners to drive sales and customer engagement. Poptin is a no-coding tool that operates using a drag and drop interface. If you’re not into creating designs from scratch, you can utilize Poptin’s 40+ premade templates. Aside from that, Poptin is packed with amazing features that are helpful in getting the best lead generation results, such as exit-intent technology, targeting and triggering options, 50+ native integrations, A/B testing, analytics, and many others. As of writing, Poptin is now being enjoyed by 140,000+ websites across 150+ countries around the world.
- Grow your email list and acquire more leads
- Reduce cart abandonment with exit popups
- Offer enticing deals and discounts to drive more conversions
- Reach out to the right audience with advanced targeting rules
- Improve your tactics by utilizing A/B testing capabilities
Price: Poptin is free to use. To enjoy more advanced features, its paid subscription plans start at $19/month
PushOwl is the highest rated web push notification app. Recovering an order no longer needs personal information such as an email address or phone number. Reach your subscribers with an automatic sequence of push notifications that brings them automatically back to their cart. PushOwl can help you reduce cart abandonment rates, increase sales and improve your marketing performance.
Price: Free to install. Business Plan starting at $19 per month based on impressions.
Trial: 14-day free trial on selected plans.
Do you know the cheapest and most effective method of growing your business is? The answer is growing your email lists: a cost-effective method that basically lets your store communicate any new updates, products, offers, or promotions, by sending out emails. And MailMunch is the perfect app to help you grow your email lists. Once installed, you can deploy all sorts of lead capture forms on your store (which btw don’t require any coding) to get customers to sign up for your mailing list.
- Lets you create lead generation tools for your website
- Manage complete campaigns from collecting leads to creating automated drip campaigns, abandoned cart messages and more
- Intuitive software uses a drag and drop builder without needing any
knowledge of coding.
Pricing: Free plan available. The Essential plan starts from $9.99/month and the Pro plan starts from $19.99/month.
ReConvert is a simple yet powerful app that empowers you to build customized thank-you pages for your Shopify store. Use it to boost your AOV via post-purchase upsells, countdown timers, and related products. Plus, enhance your retention with post-purchase surveys, a re-order button, and more. With an intuitive drag and drop page builder, advanced analytics, and powerful integrations, there’s no reason not to join 28,000+ other merchants who are maximizing their revenue with ReConvert today.
- Boost revenue with triggered thank-you page upsells & cross-sells.
- No code, no scripts. Just drag & drop the elements you want on your thank-you page.
- Take your results to the next level with powerful analytics.
Price: Free up to 50 orders per month. Pricing is based on a number of monthly orders.
Trial: Full-access 30-day free trial for all installs
PixelPhant is an eCommerce product image editing service helping eCommerce to get their product images edited by real professionals on-board. It is especially the best Shopify app, as you can easily install the PixelPhant Shopify app on your store and access the service directly from your admin panel. They have a highly trained team of experts ensuring that all your product images are edited according to your specific requirements, with a time around the time of 24 hours, or sometimes even less. The sign-up is free after which you are taken to your personal dashboard, where you can add the images, put in the requirements, and checkmark the services like high-end retouching, background removal, Clipping path and much more. You get charged as per the number of images hence ensuring affordability and precision at the same place.
- High-Quality product image editing service for eCommerce
- Quick turn around time to get your images when you want them
- Multiple file format to choose from
- Easy to track and stay in touch with your personal dashboard
Price: $0.80 per image for basic eCommerce image editing, with additional cost as per the service you choose or get a direct quotation especially for your eCommerce.
Free trial: Free image editing trial available to experience the service on your own.
Apteo enables eCommerce growth teams to predict user behavior through advanced AI and machine learning. With Apteo’s platform, anyone can see which customers are likely to churn, re-purchase, or are highly engaged. This enables teams to send smarter, more segmented marketing campaigns.
- Apteo takes a matter of minutes to set up and get you new insights
- Apteo will connect directly to your Shopify store
- Apteo’s platform is also designed to help subscription-based eCommerce
Price: Apteo starts at $149 per month with a 30-day free trial.
TxtCart is a conversational SMS marketing app for Shopify stores that uses the power of automation and human expertise via live agents to enable merchants to recover lost sales in abandoned carts. It focuses on understanding the real reason for cart abandonment to offer help to online shoppers and convert them into buyers.
- The app comes with a team of experienced eCommerce live agents who need no training to help you recover abandoned carts on your Shopify store
- It also has a module that lets the live agents offer one-time, unique discounts to cart abandoners to encourage them to make a purchase
- The app also has win-back campaigns, one-time promotion campaigns, and other automation on SMS marketing to help you boost customer engagement, retention, and sales
Pricing and Trial:
- Get started FREE for 14 days or $1,000 in recovered sales, whichever happens first
- Starter plan at $0 per month + 10% of TxtCart sales – https://txtcartapp.com/pricing/
Shop Instagram Feed & UGC
Shop Instagram Feed & UGC is a complete Instagram feed app, which is fully compatible with a new Instagram API. It’s been one of the first apps to integrate the Facebook Graph API, allowing for a more secure and stable connection. The tool offers a simple and easy-to-use interface while keeping all of the advanced features of the best apps in its segment.
- Instagram stories.
- Flexible galleries with four layouts to choose from.
- Mobile-first galleries.
- Tag products on the Instagram gallery and embed anywhere on your store.
Price: Free plan available. The Starter plan starts at $9/month.
Back in Stock – Restock Alerts by Appikon
Back in Stock is one of the best Shopify apps to recover sales lost to stockouts. It enables you to add a smart widget on your product and collection pages, to let shoppers subscribe to restock alerts for the products and product variants that might not be available when they’re looking for it. It is the only app for Shopify stores that enables automated restock alerts on multiple channels – email, web push, SMS and Facebook Messenger, allowing you to bring back 33% more customers lost to product stock-outs.
- Automated restock alerts – email, SMS, web push and Facebook Messenger
- Segmented restock alerts (based on variants)
- Multi-location support
- Works with every theme
- Supports multiple languages
Price: Free plan available
Trial: 7-days free trial
Searchly – Advanced Search Widget and Product Filters by Appikon
Searchly is a Shopify app that enables you to set up an advanced search widget and product filters on your store to make it easier for shoppers to look for and find the products they’re interested in. The app comes with a powerful search algorithm that supports typo tolerance, synonyms and also offers auto-suggest to online store visitors. It also lets you set up unlimited product filters on your store based on different parameters such as size, color, brand name and other variant data.
- Extremely fast instant and smart search widget
- Full-text search (search by title, vendor, product type, tags etc)
- Auto-correct typo search & spellcheck
- Smart search suggestions w/ live product preview (thumbnail, rating, price, etc)
- Search redirects to keyword-specific pages, content pages, products & collections
- Synonym search for similar-meaning words
- Stop words to exclude words for relevant search results
- ‘Did you mean’ suggestions if the shoppers’ search provides 0 results
- Unlimited and customizable product filters (product attributes, metafields, tag prefixes, product variant options)
Price: Free plan available
Trial: Trial during free plan
When you control the customer experience, you have the ability to deliver personalized, memorable experiences that lead to lasting, high-value relationships with customers. Klaviyo helps businesses create memorable experiences across owned marketing channels—email, SMS, web and in-app notifications—by listening for and understanding cues from visitors, subscribers, and customers and turning that information into valuable, relevant messages.
- Listen to your customers.
- Analyze behaviors and preferences.
- Act more personally.
Pricing: Free to install
Next, in our must-have Shopify apps list is Omnisend. Omnisend is an email & SMS marketing platform for Shopify merchants who want to increase sales, not the workload. Full Shopify integration, pre-built automation workflows, and intuitive, no-code editing make it easy to get up & running without diving into the gritty details – unless you want to.
More than 50,000 e-commerce brands use Omnisend to grow their businesses on autopilot, converting their customers with quick-to-build, highly-relevant emails & texts.
- Drive sales on autopilot with e-commerce automation.
- Send newsletters and targeted campaigns.
- Improve your targeting with robust segmentation.
- Combine email with SMS and more channels.
Pricing: Free plan available.
Trial: a 14-day free trial available for paid features.
We hope that you found our list of must-have Shopify apps helpful for your business. These apps can help you bring out the best of your business potential by handling the rest.
What are some other apps that you think we should have included? Let us know in the comments below!